Because emails can get lost or end up in spam, we regularly add new ways to warn you if your websites are down.
Today, we have just completed the integration of a solution designed to allow the sending of SMS.
Setting up SMS alerts
To take advantage of SMS alerts, nothing could be simpler:
- Login to the Hitflow manager.
- Go to the contact list from the “Alerts > Contacts” section.
- Display the form for editing a contact by clicking on the edit button.
- Add an alert method such as “Phone” and fill in the contact’s number in international format (+33…).
- Save the change by clicking on the “Save” button.
You will be able to receive SMS alerts according to your account settings.
Note that to take advantage of SMS alerts, you must subscribe to a monitoring offer offering this option.
SMS account information
To view your account’s SMS information, go to the dedicated page from the navigation menu by clicking on “Settings > SMS”.
Once on this page, you will be able to view the following information:
- The quantity of SMS that can be sent and the date of the credit reset.
- The list of SMS messages that have already been sent with the recipient’s number and the message.
- The history of changes to the SMS credit of the account.
To avoid using up all the SMS credit on your account in a single outage, you can set up the following two items:
- Limit the number of SMS messages sent in an hour
- Do not send an SMS when the service is detected as being functional again.
To access the configuration form, you must click on the icon in the top right corner of the block entitled “Limitations”.
By clicking on this button, a popup will appear and you will be able to change the settings.
The functionality allowing the purchase of additional SMS credit is planned, but will not be developed in the near future.