Until now, all the tests of your websites were done from France on two of our servers, but from now on, this will no longer be the case! Indeed, we have just added seven new probes that will be used to test your websites from the four corners of the world!
Testing your websites as close as possible to your users is important. That’s why we have deployed new probes in different cities, which are listed below:
Note that following the addition of these new probes, we have deactivated one of the probes used from Strasbourg.
Configure tests to use probes
By default, newly added probes are not active with your tests. This is done to prevent our probes from being banned by your security tools once we have activated them.
To use our new probes, we invite you to follow the following procedure:
- Log in to the manager and consult the list of probes and their IP address in the “Resources > Probe list” section.
- Add the IP addresses in the white list of your SPAM control tools.
- Go to the list of your tests (“Monitoring > Availability” section) and edit each test that should use the new probes.
- In the form to edit a test, go to the “Alert settings” section and check the probes you want to use.
- Save the configuration of your test by clicking on the “Save” button.
After a few minutes, you will see tests performed using the newly configured probes.
Finally, you should know that availability reports allow you to filter test results according to cities. You can thus have the information for a particular city.
Note, however, that the selection of a probe by a testing robot is done “randomly” and does not guarantee that all cities are tested every hour.
If you want to focus on a particular city, you will need to create several tests and configure them accordingly.