With the widespread use of SSL certificates on the Web, new parameters must be taken into account to ensure the proper functioning and access of your websites.
Our monitoring solution already takes care of notifying you when the certificate of your website is invalid. However, today we propose to protect your websites from two new cases.
This new tool will allow you to schedule reminders when the certificate expiry date is approaching. Indeed, very often, the validity period of a certificate being more than 1 year, one can quickly forget its renewal.
Our tool will also alert you when a certificate change is detected. If you are not responsible for the change, it is possible that an unauthorized person may be responsible for the change, in which case you will need to investigate.
From now on, you can take advantage of certificate monitoring by proceeding as follows:
- Login to your Hitflow account.
- Go to the new section “Monitoring > SSL Certificates”.
- Click on the “Add SSL Certificate” button.
- In the creation form, enter a name for your SSL certificate.
- Define a URL from which the SSL certificate will be accessible.
- Define the number of days remaining before receiving an alert.
- Choose the contacts you want to alert.
- Confirm the creation by clicking the “Save” button.
After a few minutes, our robots will have tested your certificate and you will see some information appear in your manager.
You will also receive renewal reminders when the expiry date matches the number of days indicated.